View post (Third Times a Charm!)

View thread

bluefoxx
bluefoxx
09/30/2019 6:56 pm
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2
Originally Posted by: William MG

Good luck Blue. I bought my 1st guitar in 1980, but it was in this year, 39 years later, that I learned how to play it.

I think there is a time for all of us.

William, I may have you beat (as if it's a contest. It's not. Just for bluefoxx's benefit.)

I played bass in high school graduating in 1966. I tried of couple times over my work career to learn with a 6 string. But college, graduate school, career, kids, all the usual suspects distracted me. Plus the times I tried it was with a horrible acoustic that fought me more than helped and the outcome was predictable.

A few years ago Santa delivered a starter electric kit after I retired. And this time I'm pursuing it with passion.

So bluefoxx, I would bet not many, but most, like William and myself, on here have made multiple attempts to learn. As William said, there is a time for all of us.

Good luck to you. And keep us appraised of your progress.

Thanks matonanjin2! I'm glad that the gift of an electric guitar starter kit ignited a passion to keep playing and learning with the instrument. It's pretty cool to hear other people's stories with their guitar journey.