View post (What do you suggest?)

View thread

pearsonmn2000
pearsonmn2000
09/23/2019 11:35 am

Go into the Toolbox section of Guitartricks and learn note positions with the Fretboard Trainer.

To increase your speed, start to see patterns like B-E-A-D especially on the 7th fret because it is close to being in the middle of the fretboard between octives. From that position start making note connections like A is a whole step below B and C is a half step above it etc.

Notice that B-C and E-F are half steps and that E-F is directly below B-C on the fretboard (other than the B (second) string).

Notice A-D-G patterns on the fretboard. Remember it by the mnemonic devices like "add a G" or something that makes sense to you. I dated a girl from the Delta Gamma sorority in college, we called them DGs. So I remember those note positions by remembering I dated "A-D-G"

Start seeing the fretboard patterns while you imporve your speed on the Fretboard Trainer. Think about the fretboard positions as you fall asleep, where the notes are in relation to one another. Have fun with it. Build from there.