View post (Hi, I'm Dara)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
10/07/2020 2:50 pm

Dara,

Glad to hear you decided to continue on learning. You are so far beyond most of the beginners who come here wanting to learn guitar in a couple of weeks. That ambition is a pipe dream and their pursuit of this goal is most likely doomed to frustration and failure.

You have learned good practice routines, you have mastered a lot of techique, you have delt with getting stuck (or not getting stuck) on plateaus of frustration. You are not disappointed that you are not a recording star after a whole year of practice! You have kept a good attitude and made impressive progress. This is a rare accomplishment, you deserve a bow.

All this means you have a great start on becomming a sucessful guitarist. As long as GT can hold your interest, it would be real shame if you gave up now, because you don't know what is ahead!!! Music is endless, and with your focus and learning skills you could soon be looking back at this junction, in you learning, and wondering how you could have ever stopped. YOU ARE SO FAR BEYOND WHAT MANY COME HERE AND FIND, IT WOULD BE A REAL SHAME TO JUST WALK AWAY NOW! You have some great inertia going for you now! Don't give up just when you are starting to take wing. Believe me, it just keeps getting better!!!!!!!!

I can't use enough exclaimation points for this point.

Captcha is a total pain in the........