View post (Crazy Song Library!!)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
08/10/2019 3:40 pm

Mike: Hands down........you've got to be the most prolific song deconstructor and reconstructionist out there!! I've told you this before and I mean it in the most complimentary way imaginable. Incidently, Ian Hunter (giving away my age hear although this was my first rock concerts as a youth) and 'Mott the Hoople' I'd seen three times in concert!! Love them......before "Once Bitten, Twice shy" perhaps but phenomenal musicians and great original tunes!! I could ask you to do more "Mott" which would be cool but instead.....a course on how you break down some of these classic tunes and splice them back together? If G.T. already has this..........I apologize but the closest I've seen are courses on songwriting......which of course is cool but it would be even cooler if we learned how to identify the proper chords or riffs or solos or even keys and syyles.....of our own favorite tunes!! In other words.......put you out of a job!! Kidding here of course........but it would be cool to be armed with a sophisticated edge on figuring out favorite classics......down to effects or even type of guitars used.......actually fun as well!! Jim C.