View post (Gear chat follow up with manXcat)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
05/29/2019 10:12 pm

Yes, he sure can.

Jonathon is a professional studio musician, and has also worked in stage bands and as a stand in supporting them stage when he was younger AFAIK. Intelligent, mature with a pleasant demeanour. Very active of recent, his channel is always interesting. His and Jack Thammarat's are my two favourite You Tube guitarist channels.

I really appreciate my Harley Benton SC Custom. I'm definitely an early adopter, interminably inquisitive, and no label snob. You might have noted the B stock Lemon Flame one Jonathon demoed was Made in China with an ROHS decal attached to the back of the headstock, and had a Jatoba fingerboard. These indicate it to me to be more recent production than mine. The pickups were the identical Roswell LAFs though. All the Roswells are made in China TMK.

Re the origin. I suspect either the Chinese manufaturer has come back with an offer, or perhaps the volume now demanded required an additional supply source. Either way, we're the winners. The production quality of mine Made in Vietnam was better than the previous Chinese origin ones. Stunning build quality and finish. I hope Harley Benton are going over to Jatoba on all models now instead of Blackwood and 'Roseacer' where they were using them after the CITES edict shut down practical mass export of instruments with Rosewood fingerboards.