View post (Picking Frustrations)

View thread

JordanTudor
JordanTudor
05/02/2019 6:55 am

Hey Wolfman.[br][br]I used to have trouble with this aswell (im sure every guitarist has had this problem).[br]I created a structure for myself where I will warm up my hands / forearm etc. Then I would practice exercises with the metronome set to 60BPM (Beats Per Minute).

[br]Here is an example image of something you could practice daily. Make sure you set the tempo to 60 and really take your time. Learning guitar requires patience, you must learn patience first. Even if you are playing each note perfectly, then you stuff up and hit the wrong string and this causes you to lose focus, you must know that its okay to make mistakes and then you set yourself up again and play at the next comfortable beat. Don't start again from the start of the song / exercise, just pick up where you left off.[br][br]Mistakes are a way for us to remember 'what not to do', even if you make the same mistake 3 times, by the 4th time your brain will register a pattern of mistakes and this will help you to not play that mistake. Patience is a beautiful teacher :)[br]Good Luck![br][br]

[br]Edit : Learn 1 Bar (section) at a time, repeat it until its comfortable to play before moving on to the next bar.