View post (Help my! i need advice)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
04/15/2019 2:40 pm
Originally Posted by: blackpeonyspahanoi

Hey everyone,[br]This is mt first post, I am a new member. I have been playing for jeesh 7 years or so, but I have never advanced past basic chords and a little note playing. I really want to learn how to play now. What do you suggest I start with?[br]Any advice is welcome!

Ty

Unintentionally obvious answer but; sign up for Guitar Tricks. I'm just a subscriber so I don't have anything to gain but it's worth a try.

Why? Structured development.

Think of it as a sherpa to better guitar playing. There is stuff for all levels and all of it is included with a subscription.

You've brought yourself to a certain level where you can play but not at the skill level you like. I joined many years ago as a way for my spouse to learn. I've been playing since '82ish and have a good amount of skill with playing but had gaps in my theory knowledge as well as some styles I wanted to explore. That's also another good thing about GT; it's got several styles to learn as well. So for the most part, you can find a path that meets what you want to play.

My suggestion.