View post (Weirdest Issue ever???)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
04/11/2019 10:23 pm

This is truly bizarre........I readily admit to this. However, even with an assortment of amps (old yet nice Laney, Fender and even a new Boss Katana-50 someone recommended to me) and nice guitars.......a Tele and a Strat along with an ES-335 semi hollow body......when I plug in and amplify my playing......even on the solid body guitars......rather than nice settings with tone and bass and reverb with some bite of overdrive or even clean.......and accentuating the sound........I actually prefer how I sound unplugged over amplification!!?? It just sounds tinny to me and artificial and I don't believe it's my equipment but it could be and I'm open to any/all suggestions and recommendations to get past this dilemma! I used to never play electric without plugging in and obtaining some decent level of volume and tones/effects but now I just want to play sans anything but the solid wood/frets and strings on my guitar........rhythm and soloing.......and obviously this ain't normal or shall get me very far!! HELP!! Jim C.