View post (The Old Folks' Beginners Thread)

View thread

VulcanCCIT
VulcanCCIT
05/25/2019 1:25 am

Hello all! 59 1/2 here. Started guitar with Guitar Tricks about 1 month ago... right now I am early on with Lisa's lessons. Working on the Am (simple) to E transition.... I can do that but going from E back to Am is my struggle. I have been plaugued by some travel for work and have not been able to practice much. At the suggestion of a thread elsewhere in this forum, I have been trying to just do Am consistantly, without the transition. That practice is WORKING!! I am also finding that I do better at hitting Am without looking as opposed to looking at the fret.[br] [br]In December I also started teaching myself Piano with an app called Playground Sessions.. with the Piano, I also do better without looking at the keyboard.[br][br]I have a music background from Grade School through High School with Clarinet... so I can read music and know basic music theory. I am jazzed about GT and this forum and now this thread!! So nice to meet you all and I hope to learn from you and hope to play you all a song someday.[br][br]- Chuck

Chuck,

Phoenix, Arizona