View post (Effective Practicing Schedule)

View thread

jasim.hd
jasim.hd
02/13/2019 6:21 am
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

I encourage you to work through both blues style courses.

[/quote]

Yes, thank you. I believe this is the way for me. I can even validate this after I had a dream last night that I invited B. B. King to my house and we jammed a bit together. :D :D I'm dreaming about guitar and music, man. LOL.

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Good deal! What does your current daily routine consist of? [/quote]

Well, basically here's what I do:

Morning time: 20 minutes warm up exercises that I took from here and there, just like spider warm up, scales, and skipping strings sort of things. I try to change them every once in a while. Then I go over the lessons here that I haven't mastered yet. (About 40 minutes to 1 hour)

I'm done through all the core courses here, but I wanted to skim through them again lest I missed something, and also I'm going through your lessons as well - which I love and find them rich and very beneficial so thank you for that.

And evening time I repeat songs that I've learnt and trying new songs. For example now I have two new ones, Sultans of Swing and Thrill is Gone.

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

So, if you focus solely on Rock, then you will achieve a certain amount of Rock style skill & songs repertoire in a year. Or, if you focus solely on Blues, then you will achieve a certain amount of Blues style skill & songs repertoire in a year.

If you focus on both Rock & Blues, then you will achieve some percentage of both. Or you might be able to achieve close to the same amount, but in 2 years. Make sense?

The more you dive deep into one strong focus area the more quickly & strongly you will learn & automate it so it becomes second nature to you.

I completely understand now. And so, I have decided to go on one path, I don't want to spread out my focus on many things, as to build one solid style which is Blues.

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

I encourage you to work through both blues style courses. Then learn some blues songs. Learn to really play both rhythm & lead. Learn to play with a very clean tone so you know you are getting it firmly in your fingers. You can always turn up the gain after you have command of the skills.

Hope that helps. Let me know if that answers your question!

Yes it does and it answered my question. :)

So now that we have concluded I want to be a Blues guy, what do you think my daily routine should look like? So I can have an idea of where to go and where to shift my mind to.

Time and time again, you have no idea how much I appreciate all your help, Chris. Thank you so much. :)