View post (GT short in strumming patterns ?)

View thread

SalvaX
SalvaX
02/07/2019 6:37 am

Hi All,

As a complete and absolute beginner, I went through GF-1 in about 6 weeks, then I took 3 months just to practice songs and started GF-2 approx a month ago. I am now at half GF-2.

I find that overall there is very little in GT on strumming patterns. My personal feeling/opinion is that I am slowly progressing on almost every aspect of the guitar learning curve but still feel that I lag behind in strumming patterns. How comes there is not one (or more) chapter(s) just devoted to dig a bit deeper into strumming patterns in GF-1 and GF-2 ? Knowing and mastering a variety of chords but only a couple of strumming patterns makes everything so repetitive and flat !

I heard and red so many times that "you can play thousands of songs with just 3 chords" but nobody tells you that what make them different from each another is not only the chords progressions but the tempo and the strumming patterns.

So, why does GT focus so much on chords and chords progressions and almost nothing on strumming patterns variety...?

Anybody here has the same feeling ? I definitely and strongly believe that a chapter focused on on strumming patterns only in GF-1 and another in GF-2 would be of fantastic help !

Food for thoughts !

Best