View post (Newbie Here Looking for Recommendations)

View thread

lgherb
lgherb
01/05/2019 3:54 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

You don't need to pay that.

Easy answer. Yamaha APX600. I currently own and play three acoustics including one of these.

Ideal in your circumstances, for your current purpose now and in the years to come.

Anything in that class from any brand is an alternative you might care to look at, but make sure their design incorporates a modern section friendly neck, string spacing, action etc.

Solid recommendation!

Also from Yamaha at that same price point is the FSX800C, which is a "concert" size body with a solid Sitka spruce top. The electronics in it *might* be a downgrade, but you have to ask your self if your really going to be plugging in as a true beginner.

Yamaha is cranking out really great guitars these days...I lucked out on a steal for a barely used LL16D off of Craigslist and have been a Yamaha cheerleader ever since.

My overall recommendation is to go out and play as many guitars as you possible can. The hardest thing for people new to the guitar is to not feel intimidated or embarassed by your playing level when you go into a guitar shop.

Resist buying a guitar on a recommmendation from a sales person...if you keep looking, feeling, and listening, your right and future guitar will find you.