View post (How's that Huntington Guitar?)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/30/2018 2:44 am

Hi ☺

The Taylor is a nice guitar for sure, but if it was me (or you unless you're 'price is no objection' flush) I wouldn't be spending that amount of money on a first guitar. Nor do you need to.

My suggestion would be to buy an acoustic guitar to use in lieu of the promo Huntington Classical (?) by all means, but unless you've got a second hand bargain lined up save the spend on a new Taylor until you're concrete in your demonstrated committment and actually know from sustained hands on experience rather than the imagined hypothetical from reading reviews, what you like, or don't, and are in a better position to evaluate from that what will suit you and your purpose.

There is currently a plethora of choice which will serve functionally and tonally just as well as the Taylor for years to come yet without the price tag. Later you can sell with minimal depreciation when you want to buy that Taylor you're now certain is right for you.

Otherwise, the first will serve as your take anywhere hack in future without the concern for theft or handling damage which might preoccupy considerations with an expensive guitar.