View post (How's that Huntington Guitar?)

View thread

peterncsu
peterncsu
12/28/2018 7:16 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi peterncsu,

The huntington guitar would works well for the beginner lessons. It has a classical style to it which makes the neck a bit wider, making general fretting a little easier since there is more space.

I suggest grabbing another guitar when you move onto more electric-guitar driven lessons, or if you seek something that has a bit more bells and whistles. As far as acoustic guitars go, you may eventually want a guitar with a different type of tone, or uses more solid woods, too. It's up to you!

Thanks for the reply! I plan to stick with acoustic, at least that is my current interest. So any "upgrade" would be to another acoustic. Is there anything physically limiting about the Huntington? Or does it really come down to the sound quality?

When you say more space for fretting, are you talking about the space between the strings, or the space between the fret wires? So far early on, I've found it a real struggle to spread my fingers out, and have difficulty reaching with my third finger. I'm the guy who can't do the Spock salute, so separating my 2nd and 3rd fingers is difficult. Are there any guitars with closer fret wires, but good spacing between the strings?