View post (I broke my guitar!)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/10/2018 9:29 pm

PS. Almost forgot. Re strap security woes. Strap locks. Whilst I wouldn't transport my guitar by the strap over shoulder method ever, these are still necessary. You are far from the first to learn this lesson the hard way, and won't be the last. Inexpensively or easily fixed though.

I recommend Schaller style strap locks, or Marvel as you prefer.

Genuine Schaller are probably affordable in DE or the US, but they cost an arm an a leg here so I use quality Schaller clones sourced from AliExpress. Thomann have them too as do Amazon. They are fitted to all of my straps and their mating buttons guitars with the exception of my heavier SC Custom which has Marvels.

The other exception by necessity is my Yamaha e-acoustic at the base of the body because of the jack being integral with the strap button. But once the instrument cable plug is inserted (Rapco Horizon with metal Switchcraft connector) it doubles as strap security. I couple that with a silicon grommet type strap lock, plugged or unplugged. The two other acoustics I have also refitted with Schallers at the base and modified fitting buttons at the heel. With the exception of my APX600 for reasons as detailed, I wouldn't use anything else.