View post (I broke my guitar!)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/10/2018 9:09 pm
Originally Posted by: catmeierJust here to vent with people who understand. .... I'm so upset.

Hi catmier 😎

Copy . You will feel better in a week. In the meantime, look to all the positives.

A. You're now armed with the awareness that Murphy's Law is real. 🤕

B. It's a lesson you won't ever forget. Most life lessons that stick involve emotional or physical pain as the catalyst.

C. Although your first and understandably your pride and joy, it was a cheap guitar. Imagine how much more fiscal pain you'd be feeling shortly if it wasn't.

D. A guitar can be replaced. It's just a material thing.

E. You get the opportunity to shop for a new axe if it's not repairable, or the more likely, won't triage economically viable. IME with Squier Affinity Teles or Strats, and the Short Scale Strat is a segment model below those, I have to recommend a Yamaha Pacifica to you I'm afraid, 112J or V depending on your budget, although a 012 will do if you don't want to spend. Any of those will be a superior experience to your previous Short Scale Squier.

Lastly I concur with the suggestion to buy a decent hard case, a must if you're going to travel anywhere away from home with it. They're so affordable today. I think you are in Germany aren't you? Thomann. I bought an ABS case shortly after buying my initial guitar. I have since bought another.