View post (I broke my guitar!)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
12/10/2018 5:28 pm

get a good guitar case. Many diffrend kinds are available from soft to hard cases that are designed to protect the guitar from weather, travel, and dropping. As your head stock proves, guitars are delecate and need protection.

I have had problems with straps coming loose from the guitar. So I got a woven cotton belt and just screwed it to the body of the guitar. Now it never comes loose. To make this change I unscrewed the strap knobs from the guitar. Then I used a Bic pen to open the weave on each end of the strap. I work the hole in the belt until it was just big enough to slip the narrow end of the strap knob through it. Then it was a simple thing to screw the knob right back into the same holes on the body of the guitar.

The woven strap is very light so it easily fits into my case. The woven strap seems to hold the instrument in place better than others I have tried. I think that is because of the texture of the weave produces just the right amount of friction. I rarely if ever get sweaty under the strap since it is absorbant and it breaths much better than leather, or vinyl. Just like happened when you carried the guitar on a strap, mine would fall off while I was playing. Than never happens any more. I have never regretted having done this to my rig.

Take your guitar to a tech, I think broken headstocks can be fixed.

Captcha is a total pain in the........