View post (Hey all, Michael Here nice to meet you)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/02/2018 9:14 pm

Googled concensus appears to favour Tonestack of those two. I've not used either.

If all else fails, perhaps "read the manual", Spartan as it is.

IME with any software DAW, hardware AI or software or hardware amp simulator, 90% of the learning curve is hands on orientated whereafter the questions remaining unanswered are generally elaborated upon in the FAQ, manual, a forum, or covered by a vid on You Tube.

Numbness within 10 mins playing normal? Not in my experience, with the caveat unless perhaps a complete beginner again in the sense you have only restarted this week and are using unaccustomed muscles and playing multiple sessons over several consecutive days when you might experience some discomfort.

But I'd expect that to present as an ache, pain or soreness rather than numbness per se. Numbness could indicate anything from you fretting with too much pressure to some kind of RSI related potential chronic injury. I'm no hypocondriac, but if I was experiencing chronic or acute numbness within 10 minutes which didn't have an apparent cause, I would see a doctor to determine the cause. I play a lot, most every day, and I'd have to play two or three long sessons over the course of a day e.g. 1.5 to 2 hours each, before I might on occasion feel a kind of loss of tactile co-ordination fatigue in my fretting hand, but it's not really outright numbness.

Can't really assist you definitively with your initial 'where to restart' question. If it were me, I'd probably start at Fundamentals again as a form of both self assessment and recap. If you know your stuff, you'll fly through it easily identifying and skipping the unnecessary. That'll also ease you back in physically. i.e. numbness. The test will be demonstrated competency of each lesson objective at the end. You'll quickly progress to and recognise your current level, which mightn't be where you left off. GL with it all. Above all, enjoy yourself in the process.