View post (Difficulty with C Chord)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
12/31/2018 6:50 pm

And for the record, I've been playing since 1982-ish (after a while, you forget the exact year) and last year (2017) I strained my hand, wrist and index finger of my fretting hand. Wanna know what chord I still wrestle with fretting? The C. Much less a G7 (Forget about it...not even gonna get that one). Moral is; all players have challenges. Even when you've been playing for years. Over the last few weeks, we did a couple of Christmas concerts with my church. A couplew of the songs were quick changes with a C in the mix. I just couldn't get it done cleranly (at least not at this point...). Since there were two acoustic players, I could cheat a little with a Cadd9.

I'm not saying you should cheat. Always good to get the meat and potatoes like a C chord down but; we all have things that are a challenge even when you've been playing forever.

That little injury last year seemed like nothing but there are some aspects of my playing that I have to 'rehab'. Chords that were easy and I still ain't quite gettin' em.

Stick with it and don't get frustrated bacuse you didn't get it today. Just keep at it.