View post (Difficulty with C Chord)

View thread

louielouie62
Full Access
louielouie62
Full Access
12/20/2018 2:58 pm
Originally Posted by: shawnsgear

I just took this lesson and was like wow can i get by without learning this chord. i play mostly standing up, so before bed. i sat and tried to work thru it. i found it was a little easier and was like thats wierd right. so i stood up and adjusted my strap and low and behold. i can hit that chord like nobodies business, i still have to see if i can play past the 12th fret, but maybe that helps, also i can do it with my pinkie and both fingers on the 4th string. but i am not advanced far enough to do progressions yet, so i don't know if that would be a bad habit

And here is the answer as to how the palm got to the fretboard! You were holding up the guitar neck with your hand while trying to play it! I tried to replicate your posture afer reading your last post and sure enough, no way to play open C if I'm holding up the guitar. Lisa's fundamentals I believe mention something about standing vs sitting and strap placement. If that neck is not supported by a strap then you have to use a step or something else to hold the guitar up.