View post (Difficulty with C Chord)

View thread

zollybosher
zollybosher
12/06/2018 8:11 pm

Back with an update. I have NO issues with any of the major and minor chords E minor G major A minor even A major ( which was the first chord I learnt to play successfully)

But even though I can swap from A minor to E my mor to D Major when it comes to C Major I am really really struggling.

I have tried going back and back step by step but when it comes to my ring finger on the 5 th string 3rd fret all bets are off. In order to get pressure on the string my 1st finger is right on the 1st fret, it bent in order for the D string to ring. The problem is that the notes are played but my palm catches the 1st string E

No matter how or what I try I end up with either my plan catching the string so it sounds tinny or buzzes slightly. Believe me I have had my hand in so many different positions, some of time high are quite painful. Only to be dashed again

What annoys me most is that I like this playing the Yamaha but C Major is such an important chord I would gladly swap it for a the other chords I have learnt even G major is or has been easy enough. Plus now I have started with rhythm I am enjoying just swapping and doing my own thing around the chords

Their has to be a way of getting all 3 fingers down without catching either the 1st or 3rd string. It is really frustrating

its not that I can’t reach it’s the ability to get a position we’re all 3 strings are down and nothing on the other 2