View post (Difficulty with C Chord)

View thread

zollybosher
zollybosher
11/24/2018 6:07 pm

whist finding A,D,G,E A minor chords relatively easy enough. I am really struggling with the full C chord amd have been for a few weeks now. I have tried 2nd string 1 st fret and 4th 2nd without any problems amd the same day with 5th and 4th string but when it comes to all 3 strings it all goes wrong

eirher my 1st finger wants to come in or my palm catches top E. If I adjust then the A string becomes mute, unless real force is applied and I cannot hold this position for long. My 1st finger is the problem in that Incannot get it to stay in place without drifting or catching the G string. Their are moments albeit brief that I actually do play the chord but it’s hit and miss and even though I am watching were my fingers are I don’t seem to get the same placing, either hand or finger stop the chord. Also if I adjust my hand too much then the D string just becomes dead or mute

this chord looks easy but is killing me. I don’t want to move on until it’s clean as it’s a major chord in most music. Can anyone advise how they approach this chord or have mastered it. I have looked at tutorials on line but it’s just not sticking. My hands are quite small and playing Yamaha F310