View post (Thinking about playing guitar again)

View thread

catsim
catsim
11/22/2018 10:17 pm

Hi manXcat and snojones,

thank you both for your answers.

You are both completly right, the motivation has to come from my side. And it is not like I have no motivation, I just wanted to know how you keep motivated if it is not going great in some situations :)

Currently I'm really interested in learning to play songs with picking the sides so with smaller targets like specific songs it should work shouldn't it?

@manXcat:

The idea with a cheap E guitar is great, I know the big music shop thomann and they have starter sets for e guitars so that should work, right? So just picking the side doesn't really make sound? Sorry for that silly question but I never had contact with E guitars..

@snojones:

It isn't like I have put my guitar completly away. She is still standing 4 meters away from my desk, it is just hard to get the motivation to start again. I mean I played 14 months in a row before the final exercise of my university degree take all of my attention...

Now I have a job and I want one hobby which is not playing pc or make some sport or drinking tea ;D

So I have hope to use this course as motivation especially if I pay for 1 months... Sounds weird but it helps. Then I'm thinking like "you paid for 1month so you have to try a little" -> the motivation to start again.

Not really bad or? :)