View post (Thinking about playing guitar again)

View thread

catsim
catsim
11/21/2018 10:31 pm

Hi everybody,

I have some questions regarding playing the guitar and I hope some of you can help me.

I learned to play guitar since 2015 for about 14 months on my own, just with a german wiki. I think it was not bad at all but I stopped because the main reason (playing with friends especially with my scout friends) wasn't available. But in the last days I got many videos on Youtube proposed about finger picking some famous songs (for me) like themes of Harry Potter, pirates of the caribean ...

Now I'm thinking about to restart playing the guitar (I still have my 80 euro guitar) and learn to pick some cool songs/themes.

But I'm not sure about the longer target: Playing themes is cool of course but alone? What are you doing? What is your motivation besides the learning part? Do you record and upload your songs? Do you play and pick own songs?

I'm not sure if it is still interesting to learn guitar with an online course after 3 months?

Especially with my time, I'm working the whole day, some days I'm travelling and will arive in the late evening so no time for playing guitar (neighbours etc.)

So maybe some of you can help me with my motivation?

The course looks pretty awesome :D

Best regards!

catsim