View post (Recording tutorial / recommendations on setup)

View thread

fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
06/14/2019 12:16 pm
Originally Posted by: derek_n
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x

I got the Zilla impulse response from here

https://jigsawaudio.bigcartel.com/product/zilla-fatboy-cab-impulses

So far I've not needed many extra get plugins for what I do in reaper, all of the stock ones that come with reaper have been good enough.

I use Steven slate drums to do my drum tracks and sometimes use a midi controller with that but it needs to be mapped to the software, this is done really easily though and I even found a YouTube video showing me how to do it.

Reaper is really quite clever the way it works and the ease of workflow in the program. I find it much easier than protools personally and a lot cheaper but it really comes down to which DAW you like using.

[br]Glad I found it![br]I don't consider myself a pro DAW user, since I am a hobbyist musician. So I wanted to know - as someone coming from another DAW - will there be any big hindrances about switching? Currently I'm using Studio One for general recording, and I heard that the Reaper is much lighter comparing to other DAWs. I would really like to be able to get all my VST Stuff working properly without spending too much time on relocating all the libaries or stuff like that. Is this even possible?

Moving from one daw to another shouldn't be a problem, they mostly work in a similar way, one thing my friend noticed when he switched over to reaper was more of his plugins and vst worked in reaper than the other daws he'd used