View post (definition of shredding)

View thread

Zeppelin
Zeppelin
10/10/2002 2:11 pm
ahh where shall i start?
first of all if everybody can play fast, which david gilmour is one of the most respect guitar players?
sherdding is about show off and nothing more than that.
you play fast only because you can. not because it has a point or something. usualy they also dont do such creative things as well.. everyone can give up on his life and to practice pseudo classical harmonies all the day long... the thing is that most people wont do that because we are not insane guitar-holics and usualy have other things to do in life.
maybe shredding is closer to classical music than anything else because its built on classical music theory and such and not on jazz and blues like most of the rock things, but give me a break, they are not even close to bach..
in 10 years no one will even remember jason becker or 90% of those people.. classical pieces is something most of the people in any western society will enjoy. shredding? hmmm except for guitar holics i dont think anyone will like it..

p.s i guess my post turned out a bit mad.. so im sorry if this insults anyone here
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek