View post (Don't know wht you got - solo)

View thread

gilouch0
gilouch0
10/13/2018 2:25 am
Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Hey there! Don't feel ashamed!!! Indeed this solo has some tricky parts! Sometimes our difficulty meter doesn't quite hit the mark, as I would place the solo at least 3 (or even 4) out of 5.

So yes, even though the rhythm is straight forward strumming that's suitable for beginner to intermediate, the solo is definitely a bit more advanced.

Learn and practice the solo one phrase (or lick) at a time. When you encounter some of the trickier licks, it's important to slow way down and practice the licks very slowly at first. Practice them over and over, programming your fingers and burning away any resistance in your muscles. Over time, you should be able to play these licks faster and faster.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Mike

That is good to hear, because I'm considering myself more a level 3 player haha. After another day working on it, it is already much better but the bendings need to be really expressive and mixed with fast hammers and pull offs, so it is really the changes speed that are a bit tricky to nail. At 0.9 speed it is ok but at full speed still tricky.

I bought new Ernie Ball 10-46 strings today, hopefully the bendings will be easier, if not might try 9's ... What do you think?

Went to a shop and tried to play it on different guitars, had no success on Gibsons (sg, lp) but on Ibanez RG and on Jackson JS it felt easier than on my Strat. Since I was thinking to buy a humbucker guitar, this might be an option... Any recommendations on that?