View post (Hello!)

View thread

jarrettclopton
jarrettclopton
09/17/2018 11:11 pm

Hello everyone! I joined the site about 3 months ago and am having a lot of fun learning how to play the guitar. I really wish I had known about this site 7 years ago when I tried to learn back then but I quit after a few weeks because I had no way to effectively learn how to play.

Thought I'd share a small story about how I decided to try again. My son asked for a guitar for his birthday (he's 8 now) and I went ahead and got him a cheap acoustic. We messed around with it for a few days and I tried to read some tabs but it was really difficult. I ended up googling something like "online guitar lessons" and stumbled upon this wonderful site. Not long after I went down a bought a couple electric guitars for us. Unfortunately my boy hasn't been practicing that much but I'm not going to pressure him too much.

Averaging about 20 hours a week I am astonished by how much progress I have made. Thanks for creating this place, I really appreciate it, and thanks to Lisa and Anders for being awesome teachers.

-Jay.