View post (From the beginning)

View thread

kvsealegs
kvsealegs
08/26/2018 2:51 pm

Yes, from the beginning, I knew you were the most awesome instructor anywhere on the internet! You have a unique ability to break down songs into understandable chunks, impart the timing, and technique required to play songs.

But I digress, I am actually talking about the song "From the Beginning", by ELP. I just wanted to let you know what an amazing job you did with this song. As a 3 year beginner, it is still a lot above my skill level, but it has so many elements that I desperately need to learn. And you really do such a great job, breaking down all the elements into something I can follow and learn. Like probably many of the guitar enthusiasts on here, I don't play professionally in a band or with others, and typically for my own enjoyment, so I really dig the songs that you can play without accompaniment, and still be able to recognize the song. Maybe when I learn to use the looper, I can be able to enjoy some of the layered elements of play....

Anyway, I just wanted to give you some feedback and tell you how much I appreciate and enjoy your masterful ability to teach these complicated songs. You are a real treasure! I really miss your group sessions and sadly enough, look forward to my next layoff when I can have some time of my own. Now, I am just happy to have your videos that I can play when I have a few scraps of time!

Thanks Mike, keep on doing what you do so well !!!