View post (The wildest guitar player)

View thread

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
09/13/2002 2:06 pm
Honstly, I´m a VERY VERY BIG 80-s FAN but when it comes to Yngwie here´s the deal:

His first 3 albums, Rising Force, Marching Out and Triology are one of the best guitar work ever done (especially Rising Force). There are some good songs that he done later but they are few. I only like Rising Force(Oddysey), Fire And Ice (song not album), Seventh Sign is amazing, Never Day is ok and Hangar 18 Area 51 is good. I have maby missed a few but who cares.

When it comes to concerts, well ther´s the biggest difference. During the mid 80-s Yngwie was very fun to watch, the style the blazing speed and it was never too much. He played pretty long solos than aswell but in the 90-s he became pretty boring to watch. First of all he got to damn fat, and than it was like well I don´t care if it´s vocal there I will do a solo over it anyway and the result is solo in 5 fu*ckin´ minutes. I´m definitly not jelous because there are not many shredders out there who like to hear a 5 min. speed solo, that sucks and it´s so boring too. But in the 80-s he would play same stuff but only for about 1-2 min, and that´s awsome to watch ´cause it´s never gets too much.

Now there are some players who can play 5 min. guitar solos and keep it cool all the time. One of them is John Petrucci who usualy start extremly slow (lot of bends and slides). It usualy lasts for about 2 min but it´s very nice to listen. Than he moves on to kin of rock solos (medium speed) and finish it all with, I think you know. But Yngwie would probably start fast and finish it even faster.

Dejan S. No speed limit