View post (What are your ALL TIME rock concert highlight?)

View thread

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
09/11/2020 11:58 pm

So many shows............ Hard to pick favorites but these are 4 that stick out in my mind.

1) Bruce Springsteen 1984. Saw him at the old Civic Arena in Pittsburgh where I grew up. He and his band played for 4 hours. Came out for several encores; the last one was Santa Clause is Coming to Town. The concert was in September !

2) John Denver early 1970`s. My first concert ! I came to identify with his music probably more than any other artist and He`s at least partially responsible for the fact that I live in the mountains today. My wife and I saw him 3 more times in the 80`s and 90`s.

3) America, 2013 at the Community Music Center in Wolfeboro NH. My wife and I saw them a few times during their heyday in the 70`s, but this concert cost 30 bucks a ticket and the facility held maybe 2000 people, so the show was a wonderfully intimate experience. They sounded great and played all their hits. It was like being in the 70`s again, except this time our grown daughters were with us !

4) Trans Siberian Orchestra ( multiple years ) It`s a Holiday concert but their production and stage show are second to none. Spellbinding !