View post (What are your ALL TIME rock concert highlight?)

View thread

benlorentzen
benlorentzen
06/05/2018 8:32 pm

I have three:[br][br]1: Deep Purple Oslo August 1987[br]This was simply electric. Started off with HIghway star, and Blackmore walked on somewhere in the first verse after a long intro by the band with neither Gillan nor Blackmore on stage. One can only guess what was shouted back stage...But it turned out to be a n incredible night. The band themselves referred to it as special. [br][br]2: Chuck Berry, Oslo 1989[br]I knew so many of the tunes I surprised myself. They just jumped out of seemingly nowhere, a deep place hidden within, obscure fleeting pictures of cars, radios, records... stuff my parents would listen to. He was very old looking, but still had the undeniable extra. I will never forget that night. [br][br]3. Soundgarden Oslo 1996[br]I got to meet Chris and Kim back stage before the show because I called up the record lable and told them I was the biggest fan in town. They let me in. [br]I will never forrget them walking on and without a count in and kicked off Spoonman. Magnificent!