View post (Mangled Fret Finger Giving It Another Go)

View thread

jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
06/02/2018 3:44 pm
Originally Posted by: LisaMcC

When you have a special circumstance like that, you end up creating your own path more than others might need to. And that’s just fine - another spritz of creativity into the mix! The guitar itself doesn’t mind a bit. It is happy to work with you to come up with workarounds when need be. And so while there are a pile of skills that your funky finger may not cooperate with, there are millions of wonderful ways of making music on the instrument, and you will find a whole bunch of them that open up the world of music for you.

Be well, Lisa

Wow! Didn’t expect a reply from you Lisa! Thanks for the inspiring words!

Love your beginner lessons by the way. I’ve gone through a good portion of Fundamentals 1 and your teaching is one of the reasons I chose to upgrade after my free trial. :)

Do you have any quick suggestions regarding playing the C chord? Should I learn the barre version and play that instead? Should I play the simplified version from the earlier lesson? I know there’s also the CMaj7 where you only need 2 fingers. Again though, I am able to finger the standard open chord version but it is slow to get there due to my lack of finger range of motion. I run into the same issue with F. Perhaps more time pushing for the standard fingerings will smooth them out over time?

Thanks again for the great lessons and for the inspiring reply to my thread here. You really helped me press on and I am going to refer to your reply whenever I get discouraged.

-Jason