View post (Mangled Fret Finger Giving It Another Go)

View thread

jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
06/01/2018 11:44 pm

Hey all,

I just subscribed to GT. I am going to work on being patient and willing for things to come slow. I have tried off and on with guitar over the years (I'm 47 years old now - where'd the time go!) but have always given up or gone over to bass because it was "easier". I'd really love to play guitar at an intermediate level someday. I have time and time again let myself get frustrated due to my somewhat disabled fretting hand index finger. You think learning C and F are hard for you? Try it with a finger that doesn't bend all the way or straighten.

So, whining aside, what I'm here to do is kick some butt on guitar despite my difficulties and I think the investment in GT will help me stay motivated to press on.

I'm attaching a pic of my finger. Who knows maybe one of you will have some advice for me or will use it to motivate yourself.

Hope to get to know you all here and look forward to being a part of a community of like-minded folks.

Cheers,

Jason

Note: the finger is not locked in that position. That photo just shows maximum bend.