View post (To PICK or not to PICK)

View thread

KellyAM
KellyAM
10/15/2019 5:01 pm
Originally Posted by: LisaMcC

My Beginners Courses have you using a pick partially to help your hand learn to develop aim when going for the string or strings you want to hit. Using a pick opens up a lot of cool sound and rhythm possibilities that are simply different (not better than or worse than) things you can do with just your fingers on the strings.

i would recommend using the pick for the exercises in the course, but as the others said, feel free to simultaneously explore additional techniques that feel or sound more true to your heart.

The pick is a good tool to know how to use, but it’s it doesn’t end up being your favored technique as you become more advanced, that’s perfectly fine.

I know this is a zombie thread but I was searching around because while I was taking your lessons and just fnished up the simple chords section, I noticed my left hand seemed to find the chords faster when I was using my right thumb, don't ask me why--perhaps less mental resources. That said, I dont like the tone so I'm going to try some random thumb picks and see if I can get away with those...

Getting back into guitar after lengthy lessons when I was a kid. Starting over with an electric guitar. My ultimate goal is to learn how to play Thunderstruck!