View post (Foot Rest. Good or bad idea?)

View thread

Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
05/03/2018 10:15 pm
Originally Posted by: john of MT

I'm a firm believer in keeping both feet firmly on the ground. But I'm not a trusted source or an expert on the subject.

I suspect that foot rests are more appropriate for some than other ways how the guitar is held/positioned and I've always believed the 'proper' way to hold a guitar is not chiseled in stone... it depends on how the guitar fits to the player and sometimes even the genre of music played. (watching old videos, I also think the way a guitar is held, sitting or standing, can be a function of 'fashion', i.e., they all did it one way then, they all do it another way now) Again, I'm offering opinion here but the way a guitar is held affects posture and even fret hand reach... a foot rest adds to the mix. YVVV.

I tried the foot rest thing for a while and found for [u]me[/u] it kind of got in the way of practicing good posture. Fortunately, I tried it out with different sized blocks of wood before I went shopping for an official guitar foot rest.

Hey John of MT, [br][br]Thanks for the tips it is greatly appreciated. [br][br]Kind Regards

Tim