View thread

jarkko.eklund
Full Access
jarkko.eklund
Full Access
02/26/2018 5:11 am
Originally Posted by: Rob_W

Hi,

I have been having problems with an intermittant hum and sometimes buzzing on my Line 6 Spider Classic 15, which was bought new, but is out of warrentee. So far, I have tried several different good quality cables, had my guitar serviced/set up, tried different electic outlets, and even took the amp to Guitar Center where they were unable to dublicate the buzzing. The noise is less noticible at times, but I have been unable to correlate it with any variables on my end. Guitar Center recommended going to a local amp guy, but that cost threee times more than the amp cost. Does this amp need to be retired at one year old, or am I missing something?

Thank you!

Rob

As Guitar Center weren't able to duplicate the buzzing, the amp itself is propably fine. Try to eliminate the external causes still. Were they testing the amp with your guitar, or some other guitar? Have you tested with another guitar yourself? You have tried different electric outlets. but have you been trying in different rooms? There can be something which causes an electromagnetic field in the room you are playing.