View post (Guitar Tricks Success Stories?)

View thread

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
08/06/2021 2:48 am

I played around with guitar about 40 years ago while my wife and I were dating but never got too serious with it. Then life got in the way. About 2 years ago I started thinking about getting back into it and finally took the plunge on Feb 1 of last year when I purchased an Alverez from my local fret shop and joined GT. I practice about 5-6 days a week; about an hour a day on average. Last week I traded in my Alverez for a Martin as a way of rewarding myself with sticking with it this long.

I`m certainly no " guitar hero " but it`s been a great experience here at GT and learning to play. I have a repetiore of about 60 songs ; about 45 I can play pretty well and another 20 or so in various stages of progress. I`ve played in front of family and friends and once at an office party and looking to start playing in church soon. I feel pretty comfortable with strumming and chord changes and starting to explore some basic fingerpicking. My "reach" goal would be to play for a local classic rock type cover band. Hopefully with continued work and practice I`ll get there. Just enjoying the journey.