View post (Guitar Tricks Success Stories?)

View thread

oldcatnewtricks
Full Access
oldcatnewtricks
Full Access
02/09/2018 3:26 pm

Hi folks.

At 57 years old I'm just picking up a guitar and trying to learn. I purchased one twenty years ago but it just sat in the corner and collected dust. To get the wheels turning again I just purchased a Godin Richmond Empire electric. A nice new Canadian-made guitar for an old Canadian-made guy.

As you know, there are many resources available on the internet but I suppose we are all here because we like what Guitar Tricks has to offer. I am not yet a full access member but plan to sign up shortly.

The question I have for you is: Who has gone from scratch to feeling relatively comfortable playing, say around a campfire or in front of a few friends, and how long did it take you? Did you go through Lisa's or Christopher's full beginners courses, and maybe beyond? Anyone go from Zero to hero?

I'm not looking to become the next Eddie Van Halen but I'd like to learn a few chords, strum patterns and some easy songs to be able to have fun with my friends around a camp fire. Maybe surprise them with a few opening riffs: Dream On, Sweet Child of Mine, etc.My interests lie in good old rock, ACDC, Boston, Bob Seger, Beatles, Elton John, the list goes on...

I would appreciate your views, thoughts.

Thanks

Old Cat