View post (Christian Music?)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
02/06/2018 10:22 pm
Originally Posted by: justagal83

Perhaps, it will be nice to include christian music in the genre?

I learn guitar primarily to worship the Lord.

The method here at Guitar Tricks is very sensible and can take you in many constructive directions. Even if you are a more advanced player, there is stuff. For beginners, it's second to none.

That said, there are other (for pay) worship related guitar instruction pages like Guitarmann. Still, lots of fundemental stuff here to glean from the page.

Though I do get you pain. I've been playing for a long time and mostly hang here for some lessons and songs but having become active in a church a few years ago, I found myself in the church band (...for the record, the phrase 'Worship Team' drives me crazy) playing guitar, bass or drums. Small church so if you can play a few instruments, well........So I do.....

To the point though, there aren't a lot of worhip song lessons around. I'm new to so many of these songs and usually need to learn them at the drop of a hat. You range from hymns to Keith Green to Hillsong...and I know almost none of them. I've really only been going to church for 6ish years and playing songs the last 3.....Lots to catch up on so I go to Youtube and/or Ultimate Guitar for chords.

Ultimate Guitar is frustrating because it's not accurate, the default key is often wrong and there always seems to be an extra chord in there somewhere.

If Guitar Tricks had some, I'd find it very useful. Though just as an easy way to get the gist of a song.