View post (Sound/EQ Related Question)

View thread

jasim.hd
jasim.hd
01/25/2018 10:14 am

Hi, guys.

[br] Been long time since I bothered you with my questions, but been busy with work lately and also finding time to practice, but we fight on and keep rocking! :D

Now I have a rather general question, but before I ask it, here’s my humble and modest gear:

Shecter Damien FR-6S guitar

Orange Crush AMP 35RT[br] MXR Fullbore Metal[br] Marshall Guv’nor GV-2 Plus[br] Ibanez TS9[br] CryBaby Wah Pedal[br][br]

With that being said, and I have acquired some of those lately, I’m very overwhelmed with the settings and EQ and different sounds of all that. For example: I honestly don’t know what’s treble? Is it different from let’s say MID or HIGH? What’s LOW? What’s the frequency? How do they work all together? And the list goes on.

I mean I find myself staring at all this without knowing how to get a Metal, or blues, or rock sound. And the more I read the more confused I get. I read a lot that I should discovery the sounds that I like, but how can I do that without understanding how all those knobs -which are starting now at me making sarcastic remarks- work?

So.. help!