View post (Your Favorite Guitarist?)

View thread

kevdougwat
kevdougwat
03/17/2006 8:56 pm
Back in the 60's (yeah, yeah...another old fart) my parents took me to see Chet Atkins....nothing like hearing/seeing the best for inspiration when your a kid....so that's how I got started...been playing mostly fingerstyle for somewhere around 40 yrs or so. But after Chet came.. so did many others for inpiration....George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Santana, Stevie Ray, Satriani, Vai,Malmsteen, to Leo Kottke, Bruce Coburn, Lightfoot, to Joe Pass, Herb Ellis, Tony Mottola, Wes Montgomery, and Julian Bream, Liona Boyd, Segovia, Montoya...or my favorites of today...Don Ross, Martin Taylor, and John Standefer. I used to complain to all my guitar teacher's about having so many genre's to pick from...and that I loved *all* of them. Finally one smart teacher talked to me about how that is a *good* thing for a kid to listen to....*all* different kinds of guitar music. And I agreed. It's helped me immensly
in being able to play all kinds of music. I wish I had been able to turn it into a career, but wife/kids/home and a steady paycheck took precedence. Maybe someday......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to the music play.....