View post (Your Favorite Guitarist?)

View thread

damaged
damaged
02/11/2006 9:29 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Wow, to rip on Kirk Hammet and then say that Mark Tremonti is worth a crap...now that's the last thing I'd expect to hear. And how can you call Kurt CObain an overrated player...who said in the first place that he's a great guitarist? I think most people would agree that kurt was no virtuoso or even close, but he affected a ton of people with his music, including myself. Kurt inspired me to play guitar when i was 12 years old. 8 years later, my apirations as a musician have changed and i can play better than Kurt ever could, but still, thats why i started playing...

And i dont think tom morello is overrated either, and i think he's one of the more underrated guitarists out there today. While I'm not a big fan of audioslave, RATM was the sh*t!! Aside from the fact that he's extremely technically sound, he approaches the guitar differently than your average player. Doesn't anyone else find that to be important and think that theres more to being a good guitarist than playing a zillion notes per second and non-stop sweep arpeggios (as cool at is it may sound)? And i'm not about to put them on the same level, but what if jimi hendrix just picked up the guitar and played it like it was "meant to be played"? He didnt. He explored the guitar and the different things you can do with it sonically (i.e. controlled feedback and such). In a time where so much music sounds alike and with bands whose sounds are basically interchangeable, it's great for some CREATIVE players to come around like Tom Morello.

haha SAD!!! just coz he didnt show of doesnt mean his not better then u...U got to be a complete idiot if u dont relise that......i was playing nirvanawhen i was like 11...... so coz u can play his song's u must be better....lol

IM NOTE SAYING HIS GOOD but his not worse then any one who can string together a song or solo
"Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil."