View post (Dickey Betts Artiststudy)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/23/2017 11:45 pm

Dave: Both you and Christopher Schlegel easily have become two of my favorite instructors............on GT's site or any where!! Shhhhh!! Don't tell Christopher because he'll just get all psyched about it and go out and buy yeat another nice Strat to add to his collection!!

But seriously...........I've said this before.......both you guys have such great enthusiasm and drive to conquer complete studies of a great artists' style or even a genre's style and display this into very manageable and concise study modules...........and really the only task for us is to make the time and open minded practice to get it all........not easy on either end but a great method!! Perhaps the best method!! And like I've written before........I believe you guys benefit by all this even as much if not more!!

The key is for us all to think and play on our toes........the theory and concepts described and demonstrated and carefully displayed out by all you guys plus GT is second to none.......but you and Christopher speak loudest at least as far as I'm concerned!! Dickie has spent a lifetime developing this great style of guitar playing and here you've captured his essence like nobody else!! Great work!! This and SRV makes me long to find our what's next..........to place the "extra" in extraordinary cool blues/rock guitar playing!! We all aspire to be great and this is definitely another great pathway to that goal!!

Jim C.