View post (Questions on Guitar Fundamentals 1 Progress)

View thread

eshudnow
eshudnow
11/15/2017 9:27 pm

Been going through Guitar Fundamentals 1. This coming Friday (11/17) will mark 2 weeks of me learning guitar. So far, working on Key of D. Still need to practice Key of B to get better with the F Chord.

I've ready previous posts that you don't have to master the lessons but if you move on and struggle, that you should go back and practice more. And I do know that even when you do move on, you should still go back frequently and still have older material as part of your practice so you master previous lessons. I'm not really struggling that much other than wanting to get faster at chord changes which do get better every day.

My question is, I have not been learning any beginner songs other than what's included in the lessons. Is that bad? Am I inhibiting my progress by not learning beginner songs or is it ok to just keep moving along with the lessons (not too fast, I know) till I become fairly proficient in them. I do eventually want to learn songs, but want to focus more on the lessons and songs contained within so I can move faster.