View post (are multi-effects pedals any good?)

View thread

Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/30/2002 4:45 pm
Im using a POD pro straight into a Korg D1600 via its S/P DIF output. The Korg goes out to a set of flat response speakers and it all sounds fantastic. Equivalently I can hook up the GNX2 also via its S/P DIF output into the Korg. The idea that Line 6 gear only works with line 6 gear is not true. I have my own gripes about Line 6 however they have nothing to do the the sounds there stuff makes or their interfaces.

As for CMOSS SMOC CoNN whatever (Im not even going to dignify it by remembering its name), if you check out Harmony Central it is obvious that I am not the only person who has had problems with the GP20. About 50% of the people who had experience with it were unhappy with it (remember the thing about the price drop, this is not due to mass consumption !!!!).

Incidentally you are talking to some one who built the computer they wrote their PhD thesis on, so Im not exactly a technophobe either. Im not saying this makes my opinions more or less valid than anyone else’s however Im not usually phased by technology !

Im not tiring to convince you that everything Boss has ever made is rubbish, all Im saying is that, in my opinion, the last two Boss pedals I used were very bad. Consequently, being a nice guy Im passing on the warning to others !

Try before you buy Dude, if you like it well cool, if not well there are plenty of alternatives on the market !

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS