View post (Ain't I just the biggest pill, Mike!!!??)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/03/2017 3:31 pm

U guys are still great (this coul've made U even greater in my humble opinion........Pete is the ultimate 'color commenter' player.......I think you know what I mean) but I appreciate your trying! Often learning songs can be the best method to improve on this six stringed thing but I prefer the approach like your esteemed colleague Dave Cellantano does with his SRV approach: stockpiles great concepts into a complete lesson plan so we can better understand (hopefully) how we can apply them into our own material. I love to hear why the greats revert to acoustic or effects or neck positions or certain chord changes etc etc and you definitely do this on these songs but I'd love this from an original songwriting perspective. At least you guys admit Pete's more than worthy of this study.......and I was going to ask if you'd concentrate on the period arguably the absolute peak of Pete's song arrangement super powers: The 'Who's Next' era...........without the cement wall action though of course!! :>) Jim C.