View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/27/2017 3:12 pm

You're welcome!

Originally Posted by: nagne.jin

Yea I was aware of the two guitars; I was interested in the clear right stereo one.[/quote]

Good deal.

[quote=nagne.jin]

Also, would a PRS or strat play the upper register melodies much better than the shown telecaster? From what I know, tele is more for twangy blues and country while strat/PRS is for clean sounding rock or funk. I was just surprised that this tele sounded so clean.

Sure, you could achieve that with a Tele, or just about any decent electric guitar these days. The modern day digital modelling amps or software plug-ins can achieve just about any tone regardless of the guitar model these days.

It looks like the player is using the bridge pickup (I'm looking at the selector switch in the vid). And that's the brightest most treble pickup on any Fender. I'm not sure if it's a standard single-coil, or a stacked humbucker. That would make some difference to the tone it's possible to achieve.

Another thing to consider here is that there's no guarantee that is the actual guitar used to make the recording you are hearing. The player might simply be playing the right notes along with the existing track.

But the larger point here is that with modern amps, software & recording equipment it's possible to get just about any tone from any decent electric guitar.[br][br]For what it's worth, here another version with a Strat & a considerably less overdriven tone. [br][br]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwhehHiO88U[br][br]That's a fun song. :) My kid enjoys some anime & I've noticed they often have really great theme songs.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory