View post (Your Best Gigging Experience)

View thread

maggior
maggior
08/04/2017 7:12 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun and quite the adventure!! It's great when a gig goes great.

I've been doing this for a relatively short period of time (3 years) so it's hard to choose...so many recent firsts that were very exciting.

I have two that are tied for the best. The first one was one of my earlier times on stage and I was taking a solo and I was taken back to when I was a kid and would play "air guitar" with my guitar pretending I was on stage...and here I was doing it for real. It was like an out of body experience...I felt like a rock star for a moment.

The second one was taking a solo in a bar gig and and having people yell out my name cheering me on as I played.

The most interesting gig was another bar gig and I had just started tearing down. A wedding party came in and the best man aksed if we were done. He was very dissapointed to hear that yes, we were done. He put $100 in our hands and said "can you play 2 more songs?". Sure we can!!! They were hootin' and hollerin' and having a grand old time...beer spilling everywhere (not on my gear thankfully!!). We played four songs. We got done, they left in a whirlwind just like they arrived, and it was back to the quite mundane tear down and the place was empty...with extra cash in my pocket.