View post (Your Best Gigging Experience)

View thread

JoshuaRichard
JoshuaRichard
08/04/2017 6:40 pm

Last weekend was one of the best of my life.

My band played a local festival and we came third place in the battle of the bands we were in. We got a lot of pictures, and we made a bunch of new friends. We got to camp on the grounds, and there was a grocery store, McDonald's, gas station, Tim Horton's and liquor store right up the street.

We drank tons of Gatorade, almost (and did) threw up because of the disgusting portapotties, deeply connected with each other, and in my opinion, played the best show we've ever put on - we actually pulled the biggest crowd of any band in the battle, and one of the biggest at the festival.

It started pouring rain, and my bandmate's tent started flooding so I helped them move their stuff into my tent (thank GOD I brought one, or I would have been soaked and totally screwed), and they ended up sleeping in my tent for the weekend. Then my guitarist snapped his tent poles and had to get his girlfriend's dad to bring them a new one. We reunited with friends and fans, and basically had the time of our lives.

What's the best gigging experience you've ever had? This was mine. :)